SMCA is a Catholic elementary school that maintains the right to establish a uniform dress code for its students. It is recognized that proper school attire and good grooming are conducive to a student’s education and social development. This Dress Code was developed:
- To promote a Christian atmosphere
- To free children for academic concentration
- To de-emphasize competition among children regarding clothing
- To allow more economical dress for school, and
- To provide some choice to accommodate individual differences.
This Dress Code is required of all students in Grades 1-8. Kindergarten is optional. This policy is intended to maintain a standard of dress that is neat, economical, modest, and attractive.
SMCA Dress Code
- Soft collar polo or turtlenecks in white, navy blue, Carolina blue (this is a light blue).
- Oxfords in white or Carolina blue.
- Sweaters: long sleeve cardigan, pullover, crew, V-neck, or sweater vests in white, navy blue, and Carolina blue.
- Navy blue SMCA t-shirt with white crest. No other t-shirts permitted except on the two “jean days” held each month.
- All shirts must have collars and be solid colors (no stripes or prints).
- Shirt tails are to be tucked in.
- No jackets are to be worn during school day. SMCA sweat shirts ONLY are allowed from November 1st-April 1st.
- Navy blue or khaki pants, capri pants or knee length walking shorts.
- No denim of any color is to be worn except on the two “jean days” held each month. No baggy jeans or sweats allowed.
Girls may also wear:
- Scoop neck uniform jumper, polo dress, skirt, skort, or knee length shorts in plaid, khaki, Navy blue, or Carolina blue.
- White blouses with long or short sleeves.
Hair & Shoes:
- Hair should be neatly trimmed, off collar and out of their eyes. No multi-colored hair or unnatural colors.
- No bandannas or hair scarves are allowed.
- Clean and neat footwear must be worn and shoelaces must be tied.
- No flip flops, but closed-in sandals without socks are allowed in warm weather.